About Me

My photo
I always seem to have a plan. And after a brief moment--when measured against the timeline of one's life--He gracefully and graciously ruins my plan of the hour, whatever it may be, in lieu of a greater one. This has occurred in my life without fail. In light of recent circumstances, a reverberation of His love, strength, and faithfulness has echoed in my spirit. As David said, "one thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving." Psalm 62:11-12

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thankful

I have become very tired of the scenario in which I find myself.  I am still at home, while my friends are at school. I have three weeks left and much to do, and waning energy with which to do it. And unfortunately, I have carried this as a heavy burden over the past few weeks. And then, yet again, the Lord was merciful, pointing out that I suck and He does not. Thus, a list of things not to complain or be pessimistic about; rather, a list of every good thing He has given me this summer:

  • Family...
  • Wonderful Sisters.
  • Free Rent.
  • Friends...
  • Wonderful conversations with my best friend who was living in North Carolina this summer.
  • Four wonderful women of God whom I met with (or tried to) weekly at Coffee Times!
  • Shared experiences...amongst several of my good friends.
  • Weddings and engagements to be excited about!
  • Late nights on the Mallory's patio.
  • Pillsbury cookies.
  • Church Family...
  • Great conversation with a woman in my church.
  • A desire to see His ministry be effective!
  • A chance to work in the church in which I grew up.
  • New relationships.
  • Singleness.
  • Much learned.
  • Wisdom.
  • Humility.
  • A heart for His kingdom.
  • A chance to save money for school.
  • Opportunities to give.
  • Opportunities to serve.
  • Opportunities to love.
Need I go on? So, when you begin to feel discontent...don't. God is SO good. 

Count your blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment