About Me

My photo
I always seem to have a plan. And after a brief moment--when measured against the timeline of one's life--He gracefully and graciously ruins my plan of the hour, whatever it may be, in lieu of a greater one. This has occurred in my life without fail. In light of recent circumstances, a reverberation of His love, strength, and faithfulness has echoed in my spirit. As David said, "one thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving." Psalm 62:11-12

Friday, July 9, 2010

Euchre, Sparkler Bombs, and Academic Decathlons.


I was cracking up (alone) the other day as I recounted the sparkler bomb episode to my family.  They just...didn't quite get it.  I know my friends are weird.  I mean, who enjoys getting together to eat powdered Donettes and play cards for hours upon end, when the same partners win every time?  And who gets together after work to come up with 100 questions, ranging 10 subject areas, so that the brainiacs of the bunch can compete to determine who is the smartest? If someone, unfamiliar to the dynamics of our interaction, could be a fly on the wall on any given night, one would seriously wonder.... Nonetheless, it is obscure evenings such as these that have brought me joy this summer.

So, cheers to contented, age-old friendships!  I count it a blessing to still have you in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy all those things!!! And don't get too big headed when in comes to Euchre. It's called karma, and she's/he's coming for ya. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete