About Me

My photo
I always seem to have a plan. And after a brief moment--when measured against the timeline of one's life--He gracefully and graciously ruins my plan of the hour, whatever it may be, in lieu of a greater one. This has occurred in my life without fail. In light of recent circumstances, a reverberation of His love, strength, and faithfulness has echoed in my spirit. As David said, "one thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving." Psalm 62:11-12

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Suffering...Perseverance...Character...Hope.

A dear friend of mine reminded me of a few verses recently.  And I would like to share them with you.  Romans 4:1-4 says:


Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope.


This scripture is saturated with God's goodness.  I have peace, meaning I can rest in God through the grace brought me by Jesus Christ.  I would go so far as to say that the only reason I am standing is because of His grace.  


I will not go into detail about my recent experiences, except to say that I know my pain is nothing compared to what others have endured, or to what I even may endure later in life.  But for the moment, the hurt I feel subject to is enough to bring daily struggle, enough to bring me to my knees, in need of strength and love.  I was listening to a Tim Keller sermon the other day and he stated: "If God is letting you get hurt today, it's because He's trying to save you from a greater hurt tomorrow.  He's trying to wake you up with a pain now to keep you from a greater pain...he'll bring you a loss now to keep you from a greater loss later."

Lord, as unpleasant as this may be, Your Truth has given me hope.  You are always faithful and the plans that You unveil later never cease to astound me.  Thank You for Your people, who have encouraged and walked with me. And whatever brings You glory, whatever that means for my life, let Your will be done.

2 comments:

  1. First, I love you and thanks for following my blog. Second, I'll try to blog as often as possible just for you.
    Third, I see that you'd like to read the whole Bible. I did that one time. Let me recommend to you to skip all parts concerning lineage because no one really cares who the son of Abraham's great great grandson was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 Peter 1:6-9 is a great one too...very uplifting. Love you!

    ReplyDelete